Sunday, June 15, 2008

Old Lady On Hallmark Card

QUEBEC !!!!!!!!!!

Jonathan recovers ... Since I do not well then cleared out today, we did not take many picture ... sorry!

Friday, June 13
7:30 we leave our mooring in Deep Bay and sail with a south wind now behind us. It is a bit cold this morning but the sun is rv.
Jonathan is next to have gastroenteritis. I hate seeing my family sick. Lily May and I have decided to stay healthy ...
We arrive at the Canadian border to 10:45. We come alongside the quay and customs checks, use our passports and asked us if the boat has paid taxes. Let me explain a bit. When you buy a sailboat in canada, it often comes from the U.S. and people do not pay taxes. People leave the boat at a marina on Lake Champlain in the USA for the summer season and out of the water in winter, they ask a marina Quebec if they can leave their way to make it work. Thus they do not need to pay the said taxes. They are waiting for the boat depreciates in value and timely, they pay taxes. We, at the purchase of the yacht, have told us they were paying, we were free to travel across Canada year-round. It's even written on the deed that we show him. But the Customs wants to see the form that attests. We have not ... We call in Norman Jalbert (previous owner) and he did not either. We call then the notary, the Secretary finds nothing in the record. We are discussing with the customs for an hour. He finally let us go but we must find the famous paper and fax it. It seems that they are being renegotiated collective agreement, they will rule. It was in the newspaper here about 2 days.
Arriving at the marina Gosselin, one makes a pumpout and we ask a date to leave the boat and store it in the school for the summer and probably for the winter. We want to freshen up the boat. It is for sale! Tuesday morning at 8:30 we leave the boat. There is no place to stay at the dock, so they leave sailboat of course that the docks are full. We will then at the very small marina next door for 2-3 days. It is a fishing outfitter, outfitter Guy Mayer. Phew! is not very reassuring as a dock, but it does the job. I
internet and washing the rest of the afternoon. I phone my parents to tell them that we arrived. I asked my father to get the cradle of Coxily (support ship) tomorrow when he comes to the feast of Marylou. I also phone my brother to ask him to lend his Caravan (his "Your Ride" he said) and he comes with his family tonight we make.
We have dinner and then I lie, I like a clap of fatigue. Stephane arrives around 20:30 and we go to meet him. It's beautiful reunion. They are the last people to have seen him leaving Quebec and it is first when we arrive. He told Matrine few formalities about the van. We'll talk to the air service marina Gosselin. We left around 21:30 and we'll see you tomorrow for the feast to Marylou.
back to the boat, it's me who is sick now. I too gastroenteritis. I spend one night a little uncomfortable.
COXILY WHERE IS?
http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=fr&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112025152413411252504.00043c78d1c3650633277&num=200&start=181&ll=36.809285 - 72.246094 & spn = 34.103296,76.640625 & t = h & z = 4

0 comments:

Post a Comment